Saturday, January 19, 2013

Altered Bird House H



Hello there, hope you're doing well.  Last weekend I made a little project while talking to my mom via skype.  This is what I used.  Michael's wooden bird house.  Mod podge and smoothed some on the roof of the house. Gently placed the napkin over it. (took the layers of napkin apart until I had only the top decorated portion). The napkin was cut in different areas so I just paste pieces together until the entire bird house was fully covered with the napkin.  I was talking all the time and didn't notice the bird was facing the wrong way. lol... That's when I decided the bird left the home to get food for the babies. :o) - Not bad right? hahahah. 
The base of the  house is just an extra block I had and thought it would make a cool stand to place the birdhouse.  Make it look like it's really nestle some place.  I took some Flower Soft I had in my stash and modeling paste.  Made it look like soft bumpy grass.  Then, I made some mixed media newspaper and trimmed out the fence and grass to complete the project.
I'll post the link to the Mixed Media Newspaper tutorial below. 

Thanks for shopping by.
xo Maria



 








(Above) - White tissue paper  I stamped on with different stamps, sprayed some dylusions Ink Spray, Glimmer mist, white gesso on templates I got from Sa Crafters.   


Here is the link to the tutorial on these two photos.  
Link:  http://www.youtube.com/user/littlecanvases
Subscribe to this wonderful artist.  She's done some really cool Mixed Media and other beautiful works.  You won't be disappointed. 

xo Maria



No comments: